This one-day course is aimed at individuals and organisations that work with clients who are using substances or who may in the future. Examples of participants include Criminal Justice Staff, Social Services, Police, Youth Services, Housing Providers, Employment Support, Educational Establishments and Voluntary Organisations.
This is an essential course for anyone who needs thorough and up to date knowledge of substance misuse and related issues.
The aim of this course is to increase participant’s awareness and knowledge of Substance Misuse and the issues that surround it.
On completion of the one-day course participants will be able to:
- Understand why people start taking substances and why some find it difficult to stop
- Identify and understand the 4 Categories of substances, the 3 Stages of substance use and the 3 Factors that influence effect
- Understand the law relating to drugs, medicines and other substances
- Discuss the potential impact of substance misuse on individuals and the wider society
- Understand the Tier system, Drug related services role, what they provide and the referral process
- Differentiate between the myths and facts regarding drug use
- Identify certain substances through drug effects and long term problems
(Drugs and Alcohol National Occupational Standards)
This course has been mapped to the DANOS standards and supports the attainment of the following DANOS units
AA1 AA3 AA4 AB2 AB7 AC1 AC3 AD1 AD4 AF1 AF2
Please contact us for prices and further details.
Contact our admin team: firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone: 01476 515936