This one-day course is aimed at individuals and organisations that work with individuals who are using or may use substances for recreational purposes. Examples of participants include Criminal Justice staff, Education Support Staff, Security staff, Treatment Services, Social Services, All youth related services, Community Support and Police.
It is vital that participants attending this day have a previous knowledge of substance use.
The aim of this course is to increase participants’ knowledge and understanding of why illegal substances and New Psychoactive Substances (NPS) (Legal Highs) are used recreationally.
On completion of the one-day course participants will be able to
- Understand the history of the social use of substances
- Identify the links between ritual, spiritual and cultural development using substances
- Gain knowledge about the effects and risks of recreational substances
- Discuss and be aware of the indicators and consequences of the psychological and physical effects
- Understand the term Harm Reduction and strategies towards this approach
- Explore the use and effects of New Psychoactive Substances (NPS), herbal highs and poly drug use
- Develop links to sources of reliable updated information and the Temporary classification of Drugs List
- Identify recreational substances through drug effects, both physical and psychological
Please contact us for prices and further details.
Contact our admin team: firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone: 01476 515936